The Oak and Orca Hands-On Home Learning program offers an expense budget comparable to other programs. We are not permitted to disclose the amount on the web, so please call us.
Expense Budget Conditions
The following conditions apply to using the expense budget:
1. Expenses can include the costs of educational products, lessons, fieldtrips, etc.
2. The budget will be only be applied to items or services that your family and the teacher at Oak and Orca have jointly decided will have educational benefit for the student enrolled.
3. The school must pay companies directly for the products or services they provide. By law, we can no longer reimburse a family for any expense incurred. No exceptions to this are allowed by the Ministry. We must therefore have a purchase order relationship with the company before you can receive a product or service.
4. The expense budget is calculated on a monthly basis. The budget will accumulate over the months if it is not spent immediately, so that a more expensive item can be purchased if the budget is 'saved up' from month to month.
5. The expense budget is only available during months where the family is participating in the program, and is fully meeting expectations around communication and logging.